Montag, 14. Januar 2008

The sadness is mine

My beautiful weekend at home has come to an end now, and I am sufficiently depressed. I'm going back tomorrow, but one the bright side... no, there is actually not much of a brightside in winter in Berlin. It's cold, dark, and grey even at noon when the sun shines. Depressing.

Anyway, at least work for school is on its way. The presentation needs reworking, but the handout is finished. And I created the private blog for writing stuff. I actually created it right after posting the last entry because I had an idea for a name for it. And as I'm not the only one creating online blogs which nobody can read but the author I guess I'll stick with it. *g* So...

So.

4 Kommentare:

Willyam hat gesagt…

Well, I can only repeat myself. Firstly, you're right: You're not the only one keeping a blog which is just too consfusing to follow full-time; but secondly: why not share the depressing feeling of being out there alone in an under-intellectualised world?

:-)

catch you later? _ W

Purslane hat gesagt…

Hey, I found your comment! :D Now I actually just have to find out what I wrote in that blog entry of mine...

Purslane hat gesagt…

Oh, a follow up (I hope you get comments send as mail, otherwise this is utter pointless): I ... how to put it politely... hate the label 'intellectual'. Mostly I guess because what I do here is very far from intellectual. *gg*

What depresses me is not really that people don't understand me because they don't think like me. I am a bit weird, with a kinda limited and rather strange set of interests, but I am used to that. I find the city rather depressing. It's really hard to explain what it's really about... maybe it's my superficial flatmates, or it's just the noise and the anomity and the fact that you actually are never really just alone here... I don't know. It's not that important anyway. :-)

Willyam hat gesagt…

well ... yes: this city does make you depressive, in a sense. After three years in Berlin I feel exhausted. I feel the need to get out on a more regular basis - out of Berlin, i.e., not out of the flat.

More often than not, I can't help myself thinking that everyone is running around humming Bowie's lyrics - "heroes ... just for one day ..." - you probably know the impression: so self-stylish, being your own hero, doing you own stuff in your own self-centered world. But there is an outside, and that's what I'm concerned with a lot of the time.

Thus that being weird bit is something I'm strangely familiar with, although often enough I try to keep up a "sensible impression" and leave the weird side of me reserved for my dog's comprehension skills and that handful of friends whom can you actually call friends ...

But that's not that important anyway. ;.)