Freitag, 21. März 2008

Happy birthday to me...

So this was it. With all its highs and lows. The highs were plenty, too, but I really gotta remember the following for next year: either host the party all by yourself, or don't throw one at all. I just don't want to stand in the kitchen crying at noon because my mother throws a tantrum because she is stressed out and blames it all on me. If all of this is just a nuisance for her, then we better not celebrate at all. Because that's what it felt like today, and that's really nice if it is your birthday and your mother makes you feel as if that doesn't mean a thing and she'd rather have a day off not doing anything. I mean, I totally understand, but she could have told me before. That way, it was just a wee bit painful. But we'll arange that next year, thank you very much.

But is was not all bad. My neighbour kept me sane, and the other guests as well. Well. Mothers and daughters, that's a chapter of its own. And I better not get started on my mother complaining about me in front of everybody, ordering me about, and putting herself into the spotlight. Today she was more of an Emily Gilmore than anything else, and she really chose the best day for it. Food for my therapist, so to say.

Another thing: my family told me about the tradition that this night is couples' night, so if you don't have a partner tonight, you won't have one all year. Did I already mention that I am slightly suspicious? Don't tell me that kind of stuff! I don't want to hear about it!

Oh well. At least my dog is always there for me.

3 Kommentare:

amanda james hat gesagt…

what?wtf!!!i don't want her to be his!!!sorry, i am selfish, buts thats too much...no.besides, i am sorry to hear that(your mom).we'll arange something when youre here.

Purslane hat gesagt…

>what?wtf!!!i don't want her to be his!!!

Sorry... what?

And it wasn't that bad overall. Just for one and two hours. I just gotta remember till next year to keep my mom out of the party-planning. Well apart from her as guest of course.

amanda james hat gesagt…

yeah, i think that'll work*g* sorry-i am selfish.love ya honey!